Graduation Deadlines & Information
- The fall 2020 graduation application will open on August 24, 2020.
- The fall 2020 graduation application deadline is October 2, 2020.
- The College of Applied Arts graduation ceremony will be Friday, December 11, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. CDT.
- Candidates can order regalia online and have it shipped directly. The deadline to order is TBD. Please visit https://buildagrad.com/txstate
- The fall 2020 tuition rebate application deadline is December 14, 2020 @ 5:00 PM.
- Tuition rebate applications will ONLY be accepted via the College of Applied Arts tuition rebate submission form: https://advising.appliedarts.txstate.edu/graduation/Tuition-Rebate-Submission.html
Students earning a GPA of 3.40-3.59 will graduate cum laude; 3.6-3.79 will graduate magna cum laude; 3.8-4.0 will graduate summa cum laude. Effective Summer 2012, to be eligible for graduation with honors, a student seeking a baccalaureate degree must have completed a minimum of 54 semester credit hours preceding graduation at Texas State. Calculation of the GPA to determine honors status is based on all Texas State work applied to the first baccalaureate degree, including work completed in the final semester.
Hours earned through Texas State correspondence courses and extension courses are counted in the hours required to be eligible for honors and in the GPA calculation for honors. Hours earned through Texas State credit-by-examination, work/life experience, and other courses receiving “CR” (pass/fail) grades are counted in the hours required to be eligible for honors, but do not count in the GPA calculation. Remedial courses with a “CR” grade and graduate courses are not counted in either the hours required or the GPA calculation for honors.
Transfer students who have earned at least 54 semester hours at Texas State are eligible to graduate with honors if their Texas State GPA meets the above criteria. Students earning second baccalaureate degrees are eligible for graduation with honors if they complete 54 or more hours at Texas State in pursuit of the second degree.
Academic honors for the commencement program will be based on your Texas State GPA and Texas State hours completed at the time of application.
Commencement Participation Policy