The Department of Veterans Affairs has issued a fraud alert about a marketing scam that is targeting veterans who misdial the VA National Call Center (800-827-1000) or the GI Bill Call Center (888-442-4551) phone numbers. A marketing company created two phone numbers that differ from the real VA numbers by one digit. If a veteran misdials and calls the bogus number, the answering party will offer a gift card and try to obtain sensitive personal data, to include credit card information. Please note that the VA will “never” ask for credit card or banking information over the phone.
The two bogus numbers are 800-872-1000 and 888-442-4511. Please forward this information to all your members, Posts and friends, and share it on your websites. The bottom line is make sure you know who you are talking to before providing personal information over the phone. The VA has notified law enforcement authorities.
For a list of toll-free VA phone numbers, go to the VA’s Inquiry Routing & Information System webpage at https://iris.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1703.
Spring 2014 Graduation Application
- The spring 2014 graduation application deadline is March 7, 2014
- The spring 2014 graduation application will be available via self-service banner January 13, 2014
- The College of Applied Arts graduation ceremony will be May 8, 2014 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Spring 2014 graduation candidates should check in at Strahan Coliseum 1 hour prior to the ceremony
- If you have participated in a previous ceremony, don’t forget you must reapply during the semester you anticipate satisfying all degree requirements
- Spring 2014 tuition rebate applications MUST be turned in to the advising center main office (AG 201), by May 7, 2014
- Tuition rebate applications will ONLY be accepted in the College of Applied Arts Academic Advising Center main office in the Agriculture Building room 201
Spring 2014 Registration
- October 10, 2013 through December 17, 2013 (December 2: The system will be down for bill processing)
- December 19, 2014 (opens at midnight) through January 9, 2014 (December 18 - January 1: University closed for holiday break)
- Check self-service banner for your registration access period
- Check self-service banner to view any holds that could potentially delay your registration