Spring 2014 Graduation Application
- The spring 2014 graduation application deadline is March 7, 2014
- The spring 2014 graduation application will be available via self-service banner January 13, 2014
- The College of Applied Arts graduation ceremony will be May 8, 2014 @ 2:00 p.m.
- Spring 2014 graduation candidates should check in at Strahan Coliseum 1 hour prior to the ceremony
- If you have participated in a previous ceremony, don’t forget you must reapply during the semester you anticipate satisfying all degree requirements
- Spring 2014 tuition rebate applications MUST be turned in to the advising center main office (AG 201), by May 7, 2014
- Tuition rebate applications will ONLY be accepted in the College of Applied Arts Academic Advising Center main office in the Agriculture Building room 201
Spring 2014 Registration
- October 10, 2013 through December 17, 2013 (December 2: The system will be down for bill processing)
- December 19, 2014 (opens at midnight) through January 9, 2014 (December 18 - January 1: University closed for holiday break)
- Check self-service banner for your registration access period
- Check self-service banner to view any holds that could potentially delay your registration
Texas State University-In the News
Texas State University SELECTED AS A TOP MILITARY-FRIENDLY SCHOOL IN
MILITARY ADVANCED EDUCATION’S
2014 GUIDE TO MILITARY-FRIENDLY COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES
Military Advanced Education (MAE) has awarded Texas State University the designation of a Top Military-Friendly University in its 2014 Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges & Universities, just released in print, and available online at www.mae-kmi.com.
From community colleges to state universities, online universities and nationally known centers of higher learning, MAE’s 2014 Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges & Universities provides potential students with information about institutions that go out of their way to give back to our men and women in uniform.
Among the attributes considered in evaluating this year’s institution for inclusion in the Guide are the flexibility of online learning options, extent of transfer credits accepted by degree level, on-campus ROTC, Servicemember Opportunity Colleges (SOC) participation, on-campus active duty/veteran assistance, the support provided to the families of servicemembers, faculty trained in veteran reintegration issues, presence on military installations, and full-time counselors trained in veteran-specific mental health concerns, to name but a few.
“Our staff used strict criteria to evaluate the submissions of the respondents, and we had a record number of schools participating this year. We believe the Guide serves as an invaluable tool for both education services officers and transition officers when advising servicemembers about their educational opportunities,” said Kelly Fodel, MAE’s editor.
“I encourage students and ESOs to check out our searchable database online,” Fodel said. “We designed this database with the military student in mind. We want to help them make informed choices, so we are giving them access to all the survey questions and answers provided by the schools, as well as explanations about critical issues like the schools’ activation and deployment policies, withdrawal policies, scholarship and financial aid information and important support information.”
Visit www.mae-kmi.com for online access to the 2014 Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities, or pick up a copy of the December issue of Military Advanced Education.
About Military Advanced Education and KMI Media Group, Inc.
Military Advanced Education (www.mae-kmi.com) serves education services officers (ESOs) and transition officers (TOs) at every U.S. military installation, along with the servicemembers they counsel. Published 10 times yearly, MAE’s editorial coverage includes exclusive interviews with military executive leadership, educators, and members of Congress; best practices; career and transition spotlights, servicemember, school, and program profiles, and periodic special reports. KMI Media Group, Inc. (www.kmimediagroup.com) is the leading independent publisher of targeted information about military requirements, technologies and operations. Serving as a unique forum for senior military and Department of Defense leadership, KMI focuses on distinct and essential communities within the defense market.